Activity is only effective when it leads to accomplishment. Many people get activity confused with productivity and that is simply not the case. Although daily, massive and persistent marketing activity is a must requirement for business and income growth, activity must be managed, planned and evaluated to make sure it leads to accomplishment and not just busy activity.
Most professionals are extremely busy but fail to achieve what they seek because of misdirected and misuse of their activity. Activity that is not specifically designed to accomplish a set goal gives us a false sense of achievement without the results of accomplishment. Our activity has to be brutally evaluated and monitored to make sure it is accomplishing what we set out to do. The best way to do this is by keeping track of actual numbers, activity actions and results on Paper. Numbers don’t lie and seeing it on paper visually brings the reality and results of our activity to a stunning awareness.
Many times that reality is going to be like an ice-cold shower, a stinging slap in the face and a jolting impact that makes your choppers rattle and poly grip glue come loose. Activity is warm and fuzzy, it releases the endorphins in our brain, it makes us feel good but if your activity is not producing the results you want it is an optical illusion that is disastrous for your business, income, career and future success.
If you focus on what you want to achieve first and then plan your activity around that, it will help you keep on track and become productive in your daily routine. Activity is like a missal or rocket, once it’s fired out it is all over the place and unless it is controlled and monitored it gets off track and never hits its target.
Here are 5 Rules to manage and control your activity to make sure that its end result is accomplishment.
1. Don’t Give Up: Don’t give up just because things get challenging and the road gets narrow and bumpy. Every path to success is riddled with rocks, bumps, logs, mountains, challenges, set backs, failures and disappointments. If you do not want to travel on a path like this you are better off working for “Hot Dog on a Stick” in the Mall wearing those big funny hats standing there with a big crowd watching you go up and down on a block of lemonade ice that has the look and connotation of erotic movements. One thing for sure, those uniforms removes all doubt where and who you work for!
2. Evaluate Your Activity: Refuse to do enjoyable activity that does not bring about accomplishment instead of engaging in less fulfilling activity that brings the results you want and desire. Ask yourself if the activity you are doing is bringing you closer to your goals and dreams. If they are not, they are the wrong activities for the moment.
3. Put A Price Tag: Put a price tag on your activity. What is your activity paying you or is it costing you? No activity is neutral, it brings gain or loss. When you put a price tag on your activities you become keenly aware of those who waste your time and bring distractions through worthless “Chit Chat”. However, many times the intruder is not the culprit the culprit is our self welcoming the distraction so that we can escape from the activity that will bring us what we truly want. If you plan to become a millionaire your hourly rate is $500.00 an hour. Never do $15.00 an hour activity when you need to be working on $500.00 an hour activities. There is a reason why most millionaires do not wash their own car or mow their own lawns…have you figured it out yet?
4. Determine: Upfront, determine what activity it will take to accomplish what you want and then focus all your time and energy on that activity alone until your desired result is achieved. This is much easier said then done and this is the reason why having your activities evaluated on paper and with actual numbers is so important. It lets you know when you are off track and how to get back on track.
5. Refuse to Fear: The fear of not reaching or achieving our goals has a way of stopping effective activity and turning it into zero activity. I have a poster right next to my computer that reads, “If I Do Nothing, Nothing Gets Done”. Everyday I get up and look at my plans and activities and make sure they are in alignment to my target and goals I want to accomplish. Ask yourself what it is that you really want to accomplish in your life and business and then take effective activity to achieve it!
Special Note: Relax…When you see my offers they are designed to give you the essential tools and resources you need to help you achieve everything you desire. Here is where the “Relax” part comes in. You will only respond to our offers when the “Timing” is perfect for you and not a moment sooner…I Guarantee It!
When someone does not respond to an offer it is simply because the “timing” is not right for them, and when they do respond it’s because the “timing” is perfect for them and both situations are a good thing! So relax and feel safe reading our resource offers, it’s not about selling its all about timing and you are in control of that not me.
This Week’s Featured CD: “How To Turn Complete Strangers into Paying Customers. Yours Free when you order any product at http://www.donboyerauthor.com/member-products.html (all products shipped Free).
Hope you enjoyed today’s blog. Thank you for sharing us around the world and at home. We strive to bring you the best marketing and money making information available and put it in a personal and fun format. We appreciate all of you who read our daily blog and whatever you do today join our Free Inner Circle Membership at www.DonBoyerAuthor.com
Don and Melinda Boyer