Wonderful Wednesday March 12, 2014
When it comes to your Personal Economy the best thing you can do to make it what you want it to be is to understand Seasons. There are other certain things you want to keep in mind and pay attention to as well. For example;
- Your opportunities are not limited, so why settle for a limited income?
- Most people spend way too much time focusing on the outgoing of their money, instead of putting all of their energies on the incoming of their money. You will never get rich trying to cut back and save money. Do not concern yourself too much with what you are spending, but on ways to improve what you are earning.
- Learn how to spend money, not save money. Sure saving money is important and I think we should all be doing it, however, how you spend money is by far more important. In order to spend money right, look at the results that spending will bring. I will spend $100.00 at Barnes and Nobel without blinking an eye. Why? Because the knowledge I get from those books result in ideas that I turn into thousands of dollars in profits. Over the past 30 years if I state that I spent $10,000.00 on buying lunches on perspective clients, it would be an understatement. Much of all that money was wasted on clients who did not qualify for lunch. Today, I take people out and will be happy to pick up the tab no matter how much it is, after they signed the contract!
- The biggest ROI (return on investment) that has worked for me is investing in marketing, exposure, building lead generating products, positioning myself as an expert, branding and associating with industry leaders. All this costs money, but it is little money in comparison to the big money it brings in. I do not waste my money on conventional advertising when street smart marketing is so much more effective.
- Everyone wants to be associated with you if they know you are associated with the alpha dog. You do not need to be the top gun; the big honcho you just need to be in association with them and people will be attracted to you like bees to a honey comb.
- Here is the most important information I can share with you in this email. For the most part, the challenges many face today is not due from lack of competence, but stems from being unprepared for the inevitable down turn of the economy better known as the winter season. From the time civilization begun to engage in commerce there has been cycles of lack and abundance. It follows the natural rhythm of nature; spring, summer, fall and winter. Financial shortage, lack of cash flow and money struggles today are not the byproducts of business failure, but failure to plan for the winter season.
- During the winter season, you plant much but reap very little. The ground is not conducive to produce an abundant harvest. You labor much and produce little. If you stocked your panty well in the season of plenty, you will have plenty in the season of shortage. The problem for many is that they failed to stock the pantry in good times, and now when the land yields little for the much seed you plant, you have nothing to sustain you from your bare pantry. There is a great lesson in the Bible about Joseph and the 7 years of plenty and the 7 lean years. You should read it sometime.
- In the winter season if you did not stock up from the season of plenty, you engage and have to endure a survival experience until the winter season passes. If you have a well stocked pantry you will Thrive in the winter season because it is a buyer’s market. Things that cost thousands of dollars in the season of plenty can be purchased for pennies on the dollar in the winter season. Why? Businesses are not selling from a position of Thriving but rather from a position of Surviving.
- The best thing you can do right now is work smart; that means work hard to survive this winter season while you plant seeds to reap big when things change to a season of plenty. But remember, just because it is a season of plenty does not guarantee you will prosper, nor just because it is a winter season guarantees you will suffer. The steps you take, the relationships you build and the actions you put forth is the deciding factor of what you experience in a season.
- Whatever you do, know that you have the Power and Ability to change your Personal Economy to be what you want it to be. Choose well my friend!
Don and Melinda Boyer